About Me

Wiesbaden, Hessen
Mystories and Interests.

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Steve Grand’s “All American Boy” Gay Kiss



Speaking of challenges and finding solutions, I have to mention someone that has inspired me. My Inspirer (Okay I really wanted to say Hero) is Steve Grand. Steve is an American singer and song writer, and obviously he can play the piano also. His self funded (he apparently maxed out is credit cards to the tune of 7000 $) video; of his song, “All America Boy” currently has reached over 1.4 million views on Youtube. He is not the first person in the history of the world to go over their credit card limit, but few people can claim to have had such an impact, with not keeping to their budget.

And not that I ever thought I would quote the Daily Mail in England, but they sum it up thus; ” Singer Steve Grand has put his early music career on the line by not only revealing he is gay, but kissing a man in the viral video clip for his debut single, 'All-American Boy'". In order to understand what the fuss is about you need to watch the video. I think that in Steve finding his voice he has given a voice to millions of others. His bravery will undoubtedly make him a Hero to many, many more people than he has already become. Well done and hats off to You, Steve.
  
He has demonstrated pluck, self-belief and youthful optimism. There are two messages here: 1.We must believe in ourselves and take ACTION if we want to achieve anything and be effective in our life. 2. We cannot help with whom we fall in love. Perhaps we can all learn to react with more kindness and compassion to those who express their love for us. Steve Grand is to be highly commended for taking a stand and starting a dialogue, but more importantly for sharing his thoughts and feelings with the often cruel and uncaring world. 

Finally, my Ancient Greek text book has just arrived from the UK. I will need a Hero to help me with that, either me or someone else.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you need an all Greek boy to help you learn...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think....