About Me

Wiesbaden, Hessen
Mystories and Interests.

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Job Centre, Wiesbaden, Consultation: No. 2

 Tomorrow I have my second meeting at the Job Centre. I have done all my homework. I was asked to prepare a Skills Profile of what skills I actually had, essentially based on what I had done in the past. Using the headings: What can I do? Where did I learn this skill? Do I enjoy doing it? Am I good at it? Would I be happy to acquire additional skills in this area? I think this was a very useful exercise, although the answers were not that surprising to me. The method seems to be fairly objective. One can of course influence the outcome somewhat, by deciding which skills to include. So there could be an issue of self selection. Choosing what you like rather than what you can do. But I am happy that I have produced a document that “objectively” answers the questions that were put to me. I was also asked to produce a covering letter to take to the meeting, which I have also done. Although, as I mentioned in another post, this is not the type of work I am actually interested in, but rather closest to what I have done in the Ancient past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think....